Appropriate Age for Fletcher

For sharing experiences with the Fletcher Music Method.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zacxpacx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Appropriate Age for Fletcher

Postby zacxpacx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 pm

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 am

WildcatShred

Postby WildcatShred » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 am

For what it's worth...

A doctor friend of mine took a speed reading course at Murray College decades ago.

According to him, what he got from it was the greatest gift he has ever received. I'm not sure what your reading is like Chris (I'm not you) but this guy definitely experienced a change in his learning. He was a slow reader and average student...but became a neurosurgeon and attributes his getting through med school to the new way of reading he learned.

I don't know how relevant this is...but interesting nonetheless.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

Axeman

Postby Axeman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm

zacxpacx

Postby zacxpacx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Axeman

Postby Axeman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 am

Yes to a certain limit.
I did a short 3 week course at uni and was able to read faster but not to the levels and speeds that were promised. I tend to be faster when I am highly focussed and also on a time deadline. The course was based on Evelyn Wood's ideas.
We did a lot of 'practice' reading which meant pushing the eye along the page using your finger to avoid re-reading and internal sub-vocalizing. Also we experimented with using different tracks with the pointer like fiure of eight patterns and two or three lines at a time as well as 's' type movements down the page.

Return to “Fletcher Music Method”