Instruction?

Comments and questions about Absolute Pitch Painter
altomad

Instruction?

Postby altomad » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi I am a new user. am struggling to work out how to use APP. Are there any instructions. APA is fairly straightforward but APP seems a little more
difficult.

Thanks

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 am

Sure thing!

When you click an egg, it plays a tone.

Place the egg into the correctly colored bucket.

If you place the egg into the correct bucket, it will move into the egg box on the right.

If you place the egg into a different bucket, it will move back into the playfield.

altomad

Still unsure about APP

Postby altomad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:00 am

Thanks for the reply. I undestand the game procedure ie dip in colour and place in carton however i am confused as to what pitch goes with which colour. Am i seeking a particular pitch, and only that pitch alone is blue. all the remanining no mater what, are multi coloured? Thereby gradually reinforcing the one central pitch and the rest just test this central tone?

Not sure, as a number of different tones all seemed to be blue thereby blowing the theory outlined above, out of the water.

Please explain

Thanks

Grant :?:

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 am

Each bucket of color represents a range of pitches. As you proceed from one level to the next, the range for each bucket narrows, until eventually each bucket represents a single pitch.

Redtyrant

Re: Instruction?

Postby Redtyrant » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:33 pm

This is really helpful. I was pretty confused starting off. This motivates me to jump back in.

So I guess your ear will eventually figure out how the pitches are grouped.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Painter”