Weird moment while playing.

Comments and questions about Absolute Pitch Painter
Corvus

Weird moment while playing.

Postby Corvus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 pm

My perception was different somehow for a very short while, once I realized I got excited and snapped out of it. It was like I knew exactly what each sound was, there was absolutely no height to it. I'm still on the first section of painter where there are only two eggs, and I would get an egg that sounded high but just knew it was low, or vice versa, and chose correctly. It was different, like each sound sounded in its own place, almost like scale degrees but different. I think I was hearing chroma, not sure. It was a weird experience though.

The forum was down when I tried to post this, and I went back to playing and it happened again! It's like I completely lose my height perception and rely completely on the chroma, I guess. I would hear one note, label it grayblue, hear a note that sounded lower, but it would have that red/yellow/etc quality, and I would choose correctly. This is all happening very quickly so it wasnt like I sat down thinking "This note sounds lower" but I was actually perceiving it as such. Very strange.

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Happened Again. I think my perception is permanently changed. It's very hard to explain.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 am

Curious.. it'll be interesting to see if that sensation lasts into the higher levels of the game (and if so, what effect it might have).

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Played again today, and it persisted. I'm pretty sure i'm just getting better and consciously noticing it which is causing me to react, because I've pretty much given up relying on height and focusing only on chroma. Also, today my first 2 games were near perfect, only missing 2 or 3 towards the end, which allowed me to level up.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Painter”