Chrod names?

Comments and questions about Chordhopper.

Chrod names?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:20 pm

I was wondering, as i played the chord fall, why do the characters that represent different chrod types not have a reference for which chord type they represent? As i was hiting the tomato, all i could think was, what chord is that? The dog seamed to be a rootmajor, but what is the tomato? Wouldn't it be better to have some type of reference, as you play as to what chord is being sounded? After all, when i play with other musicians i can't very well say, play the tomato! play the tomato!

aruffo
Site Admin

Post by aruffo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:41 pm

The chord names are now in the full version (but not the demo).

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:45 pm

OOPs! Oh well, I just ordered it a minute ago, so as soon as I recieve it i'll load it. I knew i shouldn't have been posting based on the demo! LOL! Thanks.

aruffo
Site Admin

Post by aruffo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:54 pm

No big deal... there's no reason you should expect the demo to be different from the full version, yes? That's my bad, I'm sure.

amadeus webern

Post by amadeus webern » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 am

aruffo wrote:The chord names are now in the full version (but not the demo).
But I am using the full version and I cannot see any chord names anywhere. Help!

Sleeper

Post by Sleeper » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:16 am

Go to Chord statistics in the Game menu. When you hover the mouse over the bar for a particular chord's statistics, you'll see the letter names of the note, in order from low to high, at the bottom of the bar. (eg., CEG, CFA, etc.) It doesn't actually say "C major 1st inversion, F major 2nd inversion". I guess it's up to you to know or care about that terminology.

Also (and somehow I didn't notice this at first) for the symbols, all C majors have a pink background, all F majors have an orange background. All first inversions have a square border, all third inversions have a circular boarder, etc.

Sleeper

Post by Sleeper » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 am

In fact, I got the terminology wrong. CEG is not considered to be inverted at all (I guess I could call it the zeroth inversion) -- the normal name would be "root position". Then EGC would be first inversion, GCE second.