Using a midi keyboard (piano) as an input

Comments and questions about Interval Loader.
Nanocyte

Using a midi keyboard (piano) as an input

Postby Nanocyte » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:55 am

Hello all,

I know that the game itself isn't set up to handle a piano keyboard, but does anyone know of any programs that can be used to remap midi piano keys to act as regular computer keyboard keys? It occurred to me that being able to use an actual piano to identify intervals would add a lot to this game, so does anyone know a way to do this? I found plenty of programs that allow you to use the computer keyboard to create different notes, but I haven't found anything that goes the other way.

Stefan

Postby Stefan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:00 pm

I have found that just hooking up a midi controller to a DAW ( digital audio workstation) and using a sampler to load in an instrument and playing the harmonic interval on the midi controller after it drops down onto the platform and listening to it to be a good way of playing the program, I dont know if you recommend this Aruffo, but it seems that doing it this way, associating the harmonic intervals with the location of the actual interval on which ever instrument( in my case a piano keyboard) to be effective.

rainriot

Postby rainriot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ggc1D3xb8

thats a video on how to program midi->keystrokes
i'm working on it right now, haven't got it all the way set up yet

Return to “Interval Loader”